Conference registration for the 104th AALL Annual Meeting and Conference in Philadelphia, to be held July 23-26, is now open. Again this year, nonmembers who purchase the Conference Registration package receive a complimentary one-year AALL membership for 2011-2012. Join us in Philadelphia, and join AALL!
Dahlia Lithwick will be this year’s keynote speaker at the Opening General Session on Sunday, July 24. Lithwick is a senior editor at Slate, and in that capacity, writes the “Supreme Court Dispatches” and “Jurisprudence” columns. She is a biweekly columnist for Newsweek. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Harper’s, The Washington Post, and Commentary, among other places.
The four days of valuable educational programming offered during the conference cover topics that include managing library costs, improving efficiency, and getting noticed as the professional you are. Here are a few of the many programs that will be offered in Philadelphia:
- Library in the Clouds: Cloud Computing and Its Impact on Library Services
- Cutting Beyond the Bone: Managing in an Age of Austerity
- RDA for Everyone: Resource Description Access Explained to Non-Catalogers
- Partnering with Membership Libraries for Cost-Sharing and Just-in-Time Access to Information Resources
- Friending the Courts: Grappling with Social Networking in Litigation and the Justice System
- Collaborative Collection Development: What Should Academic and Law Firm Libraries Know About Each Other?
All of AALL’s educational programming is available for viewing online. You can sort and view the 66 programs and four workshops by tracks that best meet your needs, or by sponsoring SIS. You can also view various SIS-produced programs, offered to enhance your overall educational experience. Check out our section on getting your boss to say “yes,” or apply for a registration, SIS, or chapter grant. While you’re exploring our Annual Meeting online, you can make your hotel and travel reservations, start to design your own personal schedule, see who’s exhibiting, or just spend some time experiencing Philly.
We hope you’ll join your colleagues in Philadelphia this July!